Thursday, February 11, 2010

Questions ...

Besides sharing encounters and stories, I personally would like to know more about Po Po and Gong Gong family history.

The little that I know circle around both of them coming from a Peranakan background. Po Po was the oldest while Gong Gong was the youngest. Po Po's family lived to a ripe age while Gong Gong was apparently the sole survivor in his family.

I asked my Mum recently about Po Po and Gong Gong's childhood or family, but she said that she never asked, and it is too late now. One nagging question in my mind was why Lao Gong (Po Po's dad) did not help them out financially when they were living in poverty.

Does anyone know more about our great-grandparents and where they came from and Po Po and Gong Gong's family background?

This is the time to ask our parents as my Mum reminded me, "If you don't do it now, you may never have the chance again". Please share it as a blog post instead of as a comment if you know. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment