Saturday, February 13, 2010

Food

After reading these stories, this memory of Gong Gong delivering home cooked food to our old house in hougang st 11 came back to me.

I recalled there was curry chicken and some of his favourite specialties. I remembered this one time he came over when my mum and dad were not in and there were only my 2 brothers and I. We had ordered pizza for lunch and we were happily eating when Gong Gong came with all this food.

I offered him a slice of pizza and I remembered he put it in his mouth and spat it out immediately. That was when I found out that he couldn't eat beef as the pizza contained small pieces of beef in it. I asked him why and he said that everytime he took beef, something bad would happen heh. At that time, I felt bad that I made him accidentally eat beef. Maybe that's why I always remember this particular incident :)

Emmeline

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story with us Emmeline. I am sure we have all been visited by Gong Gong and his basket of goodies.

    As I mentioned in my email, there is one incident that stands out strong in my mind, and I will share this memory in a blog post.

    I am sure all of you have them too, if you can't blog directly, I am happy to copy and paste your story into a blog. Too bad there aren't photos to share.

    Any aunties and uncles read this blog yet? Please share if you can. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete